Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

****************************************...



Im a guy with wavy (almost curly) hair. And i've been straightening it using a flat-iron all this while.



And now, im considering rebonding it, cause flat-ironing really becomes a chore.



But i heard that rebonding/ chemically straightening your hair has negative effects. What is it %26amp; how bad is it?



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

If you are straightening your hair with a flat iron everyday that is probably worse than just getting your hair straightened.



You can do a few things. If you want to do it yourself you can go to walgreens or a similar store and get this box that's right by the home perms except it says "straightener" just make sure to follow the directions but it works very well.



You can go to a salon and have them straighten your hair, they also have a deep conditioning treatment that will not only straighten you hair but leave it very soft and smooth.



Either way, after straightening just try to get a deep conditioner and once a week or more if you have time leave it on for a couple hours then rinse.



But you should definitely get it straightened, I know how it feels to have to do your hair every morning you will love the time you save



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

Hell Yes!! You are forcing your hair to do something that isn't natural for it plus those chemicals are so powerful they can make your hair fall out and cause you to bald...!! :-( Oh just to let you know my hair is also curly and somewhat frizzy and it's up to my shoulders I did it to my hair and I regret ever doing it yes your hair is beautiful for a while but it's not permanent and like I said it causes your hair to fall out and cause premature balding and scaring to the head if left on too long your scalp will bleed (Never again) Your best bet is to just let it grow out till it's long enough for you to pull it back and then start wearing it in a pony taill till it's long enough to sleek it back and style it otherwise you will mess up your hair. My hair is long now past shoulders and I've learned to appreciate it as is and that I can make it look straight yet not have to destroy my hair ((I am a guy))



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

Yes. If you do it once, maybe you'll be fine. But do it all the time, and you'll probbly experience great hair loss. And i don't think anyone wants that, do they? Lol.



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

every kind of straightening is very damaging to your hair. no matter if its chemically of with a flat iron. it prolly would be better if you used a flat iron though just dont yuse it evey single day



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

Anytime you add a chemical solution to your hair, you are stressing it and potentially damaging it. How long is it? If it's fairly short, you will keep cutting away the damage. I love wavy hair on guys, have you considered wearing it natural?



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

This will damage your hair to the extreme, your hair becomes rigid and will fracture. It basically weakens your hair to the point that it is no longer strong enough to sustain natural movement. Best bet now, let it grow in and use major conditioning treatments



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

You're a guy, so I'm assuming your hair isn't terribly long, which makes rebonding something that you could consider.



It would help your hair look straight and shiny and FABULOUS, however it is a ton of upkeep. You would have to have touchups often, which eventually can lead to complete hair loss because you are constantly breaking down your hair with chemicals to rebond it.



It is really one of the most damaging things you can do to your hair, but if you plan on just doing it for a short while, just for a break from the flat iron, and you don't make it something you continue to do for the rest of your life, you should be fine.



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

The most important but overlooked thing to know about chemical straightening is that it is permanent; the bonds of your hair will never be reformed unless you cut all your hair off and grow it again. Its alot like permanent dye, the relaxer will grow out and regrowth will come through; depending on how curly your hair is, the regrowth can look bad. It also thins your hair out and can look stringy. Honestly, you dont seem to really have curly hair so i wouldnt go the chemical route, its a lifelong habit/must be upkeept and can end up costing you alot of money. I had my extremely curly hair straightened last year and have very mixed feelings; i cant say it improved my hair much, didnt destroy it, but my hair has never looks good and it was never straight. Thats another thing to consder, a thio relaxer (rebonding solution) is weak and may not even straighten your hair, just change the texture a little and you will still have to blow dry/iron to straighten it but thats usually only for very curly hair..so think long and hard before you decide to put chemicals in your hair, if you can get it straight with a flat iron, you're probably better off not using chemicals, cuz once you start you cant really go back...



Is chemically straightening/ rebonding bad for my hair?

Hi there....well I have been having my long curly hair straightened now for the past 5 years and my hair is in perfect condition. Probably due to using the 'Yuko' system which is a japanese hair straightening system which repairs your hair whilst also straightening it. It is quite expensive (鎷?50) but my hair is very long, thick and takes from 9-6 to do so yours will be much cheaper.



There are many other products that say they will straighten your hair eg Wella...but from past experience these product just make the hair frizzy and brittle and do not give the same results as the Yuko.



As to using irons....these will damage your hair!



I live in Lincolnshire but many places now do the hair straightening...watchout tho...London / Manchester will be very pricey!



THIS PRODUCT WORKS!!! Research it on the Internet, I did and am very pleased with the results....YUKO

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash loan