Sunday, June 20, 2010

I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

Which of the following is the reason for the hair loss: When my stylist first straightened my hair with a ceramic flatiron, he suggested applying the tool to slightly damp hair. I tend to use a high setting and I use hair spray after I'm finished and I touch up my bangs in the morning with the iron.



I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

1- don't straighten slightly damp hair, straighten completely dry hair only.



2- Feel your hair. Does it feel very soft, like silk, more like cotton, or does it feel more like wool? If it feels like silk it's probably fine and you should use a lower setting even if this means having to go over the same part two or three times. If it's medium, use the medium setting, and if it's coarse you can use the higher setting but be careful not to leave it on the ends very long. When you straighten each piece, move slowly at the base of the hair and speed up towards the ends. The base of the strand is newer and less porous, and also hasn't been around as long, so it's gone through less sun damage, heat damage, and any kind of mechanical (brushing, braiding, pulling, twisting, scrubbing) damage. It's also closer to it's source of oil and sweat (your scalp) and so it contains more of that, which acts as protection. The spray, if it's decent, won't do much to cause the damage other than possibly a little drying action.



I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

If you use the straightening iron everyday, that's probably the culprit. Try Sunsilk Hydra TLC Shampoo and Conditioner. Sunsilk also makes a styling product that helps to straighten your hair.



My daughter has curly hair and she hates it. I find that blow-drying it straight does less damage.



I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

do not use it on damp hair! it will burn your hair. if you can get a GHD straightner they are the best, and get the thermal hair protector spray from GHD, it will keep the moisture in your hair and it will protect your hair from the heat. so no dry straw hair. GHD straigtners will also keep your hair straight for days.



I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

You should never use ceramic iron,s on wet hair,As that will damage the hair,You should also use a protection spray before you use them,I use GHD oil protection spray



I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF GETTING A STRAIGHT PERM OR RELAXING YOUR HAIR? IF YOU FLAT IRON YOUR HAIR DAILY, THIS MIGHT BE A GREAT APPROACH. I HEARD THE CHI SYSTEM IS THE BEST IN REAXING HAIR. ASK YOUR STYLIST ABOUT IT.



IF YOUR HAIR IS TOTALLY FRIED RIGHT NOW, IT'S 911 TIME. YOU MAY NEED TO CUT OFF ALL THE DAMAGED ENDS SO YOU DON'T CONTINUE TO DAMAGE YOUR HAIR. IT WOULD BE ALMOST LIKE STARTING NEW AGAIN, WITH THE RIGHT PRODUCTS, AND METHOD.



DON'T FLAT IRON YOUR HAIR WHEN YOUR HAIR IS WET. FLAT IRONING TAKES THE MOISTURE OUT OF YOUR HAIR AND SEALS IT'S CUTICLE TO GET IT STRAIGHT. IT'S OK TO HAVE PRODUCT IN YOUR HAIR WHILE FLAT IRONING, BUT NOT WET WITH WATER.



PROTECT YOUR HAIR USING THE RIGHT PRODUCT.



I have hair breakage, kinked ends and thinning after using a ceramic straightening iron.?

I never use my flat iron on damp hair, it can tend to do more damage. Also, are you using a heat protectant spray as you flat iron? It's not going to correct anything but it can help w/ future breakage. Until then I would say trim every 6 weeks and do a weekly deep conditioner.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
cash loan