Thursday, June 17, 2010

Does dying & straightening your hair slow down the growth?

I was just wondering if these slow down how fast my hair grows. It seems like my hair has only grown a little bit since I last got it cut; I'd really like it longer. I've heard hair grows a half an inch each month or something.



But anyways.



I straighten my hair almost every day, and I cannot even remember how much I've dyed it [not with bleach]!



My mom is always saying, "That's why your hair won't grow. You need to stop fussing with it."



But my hair feels completely healthy. It's soft, shiny, frizz free..



I don't see why it shouldn't grow as such.



Is her logic correct?



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

Sorry, but yes, her logic is correct. When you straighten your hair, you're just killing all the cells in it. Even if you use heat protection serums, your hair will still get split ends. Those split ends start moving up and when they reach the roots of your hair, they stunt hair growth.



Try not to straighten your hair more than 3 times a week. Wavy and curly isn't that bad.



I don't know about dying. Sure, it's bad for your hair, you will get gray hair at a very young age, probably by 21 or something, and dying your scalp allowes your head to absorb the chemicals in the dyes.



Don't dye your hair more than 6 times a year, use a good straightener, use a heat protection serum before you straighten, and only straighten 3 times a week.



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

Not trying to sound mean, becaue it is a *great* answer, but... getting grey hair has nothing to do with how often you dye it. It happens when that hair follicle stops producing pigment. It's part of aging. I've dyed my hair so much, so if that were true I'd be all grey by now-lol. Report It



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

You cannot slow down hair growth with any of these measures. Half an inch a month is pretty accurate. If there was any safe known way to make hair grow slower, women would be using it all over their bodies, and men would use it on their faces so we wouldn't have to shave as much. Fuss with your hair all you want!



Also, grey hair is hereditary, and you can't kill the cells in your hair because they are already dead! Hair is essentially dead protien cells.



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

it doesnt stop the growth or affect it. but what is does is damage the exsisting hair if you dont care for it. no matter what.. str8ning your hair will make it break if you do it o so often



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

maybe fast growing hair doesnt run in your family



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

No, your hair will grow at the same speed as long as you are eating well. Try not to pull on it when you straighten it out. Pulling on it can put trama on the scalp. Be patient, hair takes a while to grow.



Does dying %26amp; straightening your hair slow down the growth?

yes it is possible but only if you over prosess it just give yourself a weekley leave in conditioner treatment and you will be fine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
cash loan